Thursday, September 27, 2007

Intuitect

So I'm evaluating Intuitect. - a UX visio tool.
Unfortunately it crashes visio quite frequently. Flashbacks from times where your computer would freeze and crash as a matter of course ensue.
Intuitect has got some very cool features though - especially automatic updates to align sitemap changes with wireframes and navigation.
I so do not like their pricing strategy though - $800 and some for a years subscription for the pro version.
Until the application gets a bit more solid and the price drops to half at what they are demanding now I'll drop it or stick with the basic version... I'll just give it another try now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bee - I've been using Intuitec too and have been getting a lot of errors (cutting & pasting in particular) seems to send it a bit ga-ga. What OS are you using? Ben (from the IA conference)

Bettina said...

Hi Ben! I'm using windows xp.
I've tested the software on a small real life project and had too many crashes. I switched back to my old but proven method - PPT and Visio - to deliver in time.
Also I had a reply from Intuitec Support, one of the things it mentions is:
"In your Control Panel/Regional Options and Settings, can you verify if your regional options are set to English (USA). We have found that if this is set to another country occasional there will be crashes in the application."
I will persist and start another little project with it now. Intuitec has quite a bit of functionality I have always craved.
Have you ever played with Axure?? http://www.axure.com/demo.aspx
Bettina